1990's foriegn film

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

1990's foriegn film

Postby Helpme remember » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 am

The first foreign film I saw was broadcast on PBS & I can't remember the name of it. It was a cast of all women-maybe one guy in the whole film. It was about a family of all sisters who one was getting married. The setting was an old home with a huge courtyard in the middle-I think another sister committed suicide. I can't remember much other than that. I believe it was Spanish.
Helpme remember

Re: 1990's foriegn film

Postby jason » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi there... not many clues here but would guess Belle Epoque (1992) by Fernando Trueba.
jason
Site Admin

Postby jason » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Here's the trailer:

jason
Site Admin

Postby Helpme remember » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Nope-this film was very dark (not a lot of light from the scenes-most of the clothing was also grey and dark) although I am certain it was a color film & had only one setting-this home that was in the shape of a square with a center courtyard. I remember that in one scene the women are looking at lace for the one daughter's wedding dress. Sorry not too much else to go on, as when I saw it I was in junior high. It could have possibly been from the 80's seeing it was on PBS and I don't think they would have been showing brand new films. Thanks for all the help.
Helpme remember

Return to Questions