Finest Actress

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Finest Actress

Postby ygie » Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:22 pm

I do not know where you got your information, maybe your confusing her with someone else. Bibi Andersson was born a woman not a man. Get your #@#t together!
ygie

Postby ygie » Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:28 pm

You are actually thinking of Bibi Andersen. Very different people and spelling of last NAME. I am talking of Bibi Andersson, Swedish actress who stared in many of Ingmar Bergman's films. Most know in the film "Persona"
ygie

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:55 pm

is this a piss take--Cretins

There is Only One ISABELLE HUPPERT
HASSELBAINK007

Postby natrev » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:52 am

Just thought I'd add a female slant on this. No Nastassja KInski?! Catherine Keener definitely deserves a mention.
natrev

Postby bmxsuperhero » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:38 am

The Bibí Andersen who used to be a man has been in a few selected Almodóvar, and even more Almodóvar rip-offs. The Bibi Andersson who deserves inclusion here starred in many of Bergman's films. One actress I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is Liv Ullman. As for American actresses working today, Meryl Streep. And I second (though she's been mentioned several times) the inclusion of Isabelle Huppert.
bmxsuperhero

Postby bmxsuperhero » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:40 am

Wow, that would have helped if I would have read the first post... we're talking about looks. Well, I wouldn't cross off Huppert, a young Andersson, Ullman, or Streep... but that wasn't my intention of the last post.
bmxsuperhero

Postby eldalieva » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:47 pm

Nastassja Kinski, as said in "maria´s lovers": she´s an angel
eldalieva

Postby paredes » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:05 pm

ISABELLE HUPPERT and FANNY ARDANT! Gorgeous! Okay, and everyone else who is in 8 FEMMES. And Capucine, she was very beautiful as well.
paredes

Postby pre-tender » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:22 pm

well i was going to ask this :(
here is my list:
Holly Hunter--- in The Piano
Audrey Tauto-- in Amelie
Ellyn Bursteyn-- in Requem For A Dream
Türkan Soray-- in The Return
Julliet Binochet-- in English Patient,Chocolate,Alice and Martin,Unbearabla Lightness of Being
Nicole Kidman-- in The Others
Yelda Reynaud-- in The Sore
Diane Lane-- in Unfaithfull
Meryl Streep-- in Kramer vs Kramer,French Liuetnant's Woman
pre-tender

Postby gimferrer » Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:11 pm

I like Marisa Paredes (in every film she has done), Pilar Bardem, Victoria Abril in Amantes and Tie Me Up Tie Me Down, Catherine Deneuve in her Bunuel films, Geraldine Chaplin in Cria Cuervos (Saura) and La Ciudad Sin Limites, Penelope Cruz in All About My Mother, Jeanne Moureau in Jules At Jim and Les Amantes, Juliette Bincho in Blue, Nathalie Baye in everything she has done.

Ava Gardner, Bette Davis and all the classinc actresses like Ingris Bergman and Lana Turner.
gimferrer

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk