English Actress Katrin Cartlidge RIP

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

English Actress Katrin Cartlidge RIP

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:27 am

I Was so saddened to learn of the Death of Katrin Cartlidge at 41 on 7th September 2002.I Was on hols in France at the time and did not get to hear about this terrible news.She was the Muse of great British Director Mike Leigh and i will never forget her from the Early Days as Lucy Collins In Brookside Uk 1982 to her best performances in Breaking the Waves,Career Girls,The Lost Son and Mike Leigh`s Naked.The British Press piss me off as they only make reports about people who they consider to be Popular like Stick Insect Beckham and some Arsehole from a Celebrity lets make a popstar sort of Shit,For anyone that got to see Katrin Cartlidge in action,i think we would all agree what a great Actress she was and i will miss her very much.
HASSELBAINK007

Re: English Actress Katrin Cartlidge RIP

Postby Gaz » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:30 am

I couldn't agree more - I was very sad when I heard the news (along with Charlotte Coleman, it was a bad year for young actresses dying). She was a truly outstanding actress - for those of you who don't know her work, try Breaking the Waves.
Gaz

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:18 am

Lars Von Trier wrote an elegiac and sad obituary for her in October's "Sight and Sound" magazine. I was shocked and couldn't believe it. She was a great actress for sure.
bigpoppa_2059

Postby natrev » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:48 am

I'm a little late with this, perhaps but I just wanted to echoe your sentiments. She was mesmerising in Naked and Breaking the Waves. Always a pleasure to watch and completely refreshing.
natrev

Postby paredes » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:08 pm

Her last notable film was No Man's Land, she was excellent in that. I too was INCREDIBLY shocked when I found out that she had died. After I saw her in FROM HELL I was hoping that a part in a studio film would lead to more work for her. My favourite performance of hers will always be Breaking The Waves.
paredes

Return to Film Talk