Infernal Affairs

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Infernal Affairs

Postby eman » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:26 pm

The most exciting thriller to come out of Hong Kong in years also has the cheesiest title -- "Infernal Affairs" -- (the Chinese title is "Mo-Gaan-Do," which is the lowest canto of hell in Buddhism). But don't let the title put you off. This is a taut, muscular and thoroughly enjoyable movie that's several notches above the usual crime drama genre. Check out this review if you want more information on the movie: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/click/movie-10002335/reviews.php?critic=all&sortby=default&page=1&rid=843342

The Asian import DVD release features DTS sound and, bar none, is the best sounding DVD I have ever heard. Highly recommended.
eman

Re: Infernal Affairs

Postby Lex Luthor » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:20 am

i highly recommend this too. recently sweeped the major awards in the Hongkong Film awards over Hero. watch this before it gets remaked in Hollywood with surprise, surprise, Brad Pitt.
Lex Luthor

Postby jessiemark1 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:01 am

I really appreciate Tony Leung's acting skills,but I don't like Andy Lau.Does anyone like Andy Lau?Why do you like him?
jessiemark1

Postby patrik » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:41 am

I love this movie. I find it's one of the best flick of the past year. I have the DVD and I really with I knew Cantonese. Strong movies with awesome performances. Oh, and Jessie, what's wrong with Andy Lau. I generally like him and I thought he gave a great performance. He's not the best HK ever, but he's still a good actor. He's done crap, but he's done great flicks also (ever seen Fulltime Killer?). (If you mean his singing, though, then I agree with you...)
patrik

Return to Film Talk