drug films

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: drug films

Postby llbarks » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:34 pm

Dark Days -incredible documentarty on the moles of NYC.
llbarks

Postby Ria » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:14 pm

[b]Trainspotting[/b]
[b]Blow[/b]
[b]Traffic[/b]
[b]Requiem for a Dream[/b] (it’s one of the films that have left me feeling more disturbed than most other films I’ve ever seen).
Ria

Postby dixie » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:44 pm

"H". Grueling performances by two actors in a basement apartment. Lean setting with focus on the dependent relationship of the man and woman when one decides to quit heroin. Such intensity of acting it will leave you sweating.

Another pretty good movie with graphic depictions of the drug scene is Salton Sea with Val Kilmer.
dixie

Postby jasjesbe » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:53 pm

If you consider alcohol like a drug, the best movies on the subject by far are not foreign, but American. Namely, [b]Days of wine and roses[/b] and [b]The lost weekend[/b].
jasjesbe

Postby nina* » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:31 pm

I just read a great book called ADDICT by STEPHEN SMITH
It's supposed to be made into a movie soon..

Check out www.addict.org.uk
nina*

Postby texan_gal » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:10 pm

Requiem for a Dream
Traffik (the UK version and not Traffic)
texan_gal

Postby christopherbaggins » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:25 am

try Permenent Midnight and if you want a depiction of alcoholism pick up Barfly starring Mickey Rourke in one of his all-time great roles.(makes Nick Cages drunk in Leaving Las Vegas look like a lightweight
christopherbaggins

Postby smurfrevolt » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:21 am

I herad Grits by Niall Griffiths is going to be a movie soon too. Is this true? Grits is similar to Trainspotting.
smurfrevolt

Postby KS » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:20 am

If you can, check out, "Last Exit" - a powerful new low budget thriller from Denmark. It deals with a relationship where heroine, alcohol and weed are used daily to numb there non-existance lives. There is also a back story of gangters and hookers...
Shot in a very gritty realistic style, it's a quirky, surreal and quite disturbing. Check out the official homepage www.lastexitproductions.dk/lastexit.html for more info.
KS

Postby nina* » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:06 am

Two great documents: "THROUGH A BLUE LENSE" (Canada 2001) Vancouver police has filmed the life of drug users in the streets of Vancouver. "GRASS" (Canada 2000) Takes a look at the (US) history of marijuana, or rather the politics involving it.. And I mentioned the "ADDICT" book earlyer, I should have mentioned that it's the real life story of "a twenty-six year drug and drink horror trip from riches to insanity in the gutter" of the author, Stephen Smith. It should b screened 2003, so everybody should have plenty of time to READ THE BOOK..;-)
nina*

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk