The Year My Voice Broke

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

The Year My Voice Broke

Postby cinemasmooch » Fri Aug 04, 2000 10:57 pm

This Australian film and soundtrack from 1987 has really stuck in my mind since it first came out...about teenagers in a small town in the '60's (as I was, but in the subburbs). I found the colors stunning too...mostly golden yellow and sky blue. As with many Australian films, it takes place mainly outdoors...hence, the colors.
cinemasmooch

Re: The Year My Voice Broke

Postby cinemasmooch » Mon Aug 07, 2000 3:34 pm

"The Year My Voice Broke" is part 1 of a trilogy. One of the other films is "Flirting" from 1989 (it's either part 2 or 3). Although I saw them all, I can't remember what the missing link was called. Anyone out there know?
cinemasmooch

Postby daveman » Tue Sep 26, 2000 1:05 am

A stunning and heartbreaking tale of coming of age. Noah Taylor's performance and voice over narration are marvellous. His final words in the film are with me even now.
daveman

Postby Desmond Wolf » Mon Apr 23, 2001 6:10 am

This is a beautiful film... "Flirting" is the second part and also very touching and true. I remember hearing the third part was to have the same two characters (and actors)meeting again in Paris during the student riots in the late '60s, although it has now been a long time between chapters... hope it still happens
Desmond Wolf

Return to Film Talk