Steven Spielberg

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Steven Spielberg

Postby jasjesbe » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:51 am

I cannot hear any sound so far.
jasjesbe

Postby Gaz » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:46 am

Well, I don't like to shout. Also, I may be many miles away.
Gaz

Postby nina* » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:20 am

Ok, I did ones again stray a bit from the path. But the point that I was tryeing to make was that if you're tryeing "to please THE LARGEST POSSIBLE audience" you will not touch these subjects (racism,slavery) in the first place, because they still are delicate subjects (expecially in a certain part of the country). I do not see how these movies are largest possible audience pleasing, and so might not use the two movies connected to the frase "Spielberg is consciosly tryeing to please the largest possible audience". / Also, I do not see how Amistad or Color Purple are manipulative or calculative movies.Please explain Auteul.

nina*

Postby nina* » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:24 am

And no gaz. You sound like a little hairy monkey, hanging from a tree.
nina*

Postby nina* » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:26 am

& before you'll correct "three"
nina*

Postby Gaz » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:15 pm

How utterly charming. Though I would find it difficult to type while hanging from a tree, unless I was particularly physically agile, which I'm not, and there was some form of computer keyboard to hand.
Gaz

Postby christopherbaggins » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:14 pm

go rent bad boy bubby it's greater than any Spielberg film
christopherbaggins

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:47 am

Wow this thread is really popular...obviously everyone has an opinion on Spielberg. Pauline Kael called him a "born & natural entertainer, the next Hawks." This may be a bit much but anyone who doesn't think his films are at least a bit entertaining is either a snob or an elitist snob.
bigpoppa_2059

Postby mdipres » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:01 pm

Spielberg is populist, emotionalist, and can't film an ending worth anything. And he's a commie. 'nough said.
mdipres

Postby nina* » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:03 am

Yeah right on ..I heard that Color Purple was called Color Blue before Spielberg got his hands on it.. and oh my god-lesnes ..like.. Shindler's list totally makes sense now, to use that poor innocent childrens coat on his own purpose like that! -that monster!

nina*

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk