LINO BROCKA the greatest FILIPINO filmmaker

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

LINO BROCKA the greatest FILIPINO filmmaker

Postby bettlejuice » Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:08 am

he' s been always around the international film festivals presenting his film... his GREATEST films are INSIANG, JAGUAR, BAYAN KO, BONA, FIGHT FOR US and MAYNILA SA MGA KUKO NG LIWANAG
bettlejuice

Re: LINO BROCKA the greatest FILIPINO filmmaker

Postby fugl_foeniks » Mon May 12, 2003 6:03 pm

I have heard that he's a great director. Do you know anywhere I can buy "Manila - in the claws of brightness" (if I remember the title right)?
fugl_foeniks

Postby bettlejuice » Sun May 25, 2003 8:02 am

as far as i know, the original copy was brought in the british film institute for restoration. im not sure if there is an available copy in norway. maybe the best thing you can do is to go to the philippines. :) befriend someone from my country. :) and ask if he could send you a copy. the movie is absolutely good.
bettlejuice

Postby fugl_foeniks » Sat May 31, 2003 7:59 pm

If there is a version of it in England, with English subtitles, I could buy it from there, but I haven't found it anywhere yet.
fugl_foeniks

Postby bettlejuice » Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:06 am

umm its really difficult to look for his films, its very rare that you them as well, if there is such a filipino retrospective in your country you come and watch it ok? anyhow you send me an email at bettlejuice@atenista.net or lets talk over yahoo messanger.. my ad is toungeinamole ayt? we can talk about lino brocka there.
bettlejuice

Return to Film Talk