jane campion

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

jane campion

Postby em_stenson » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:02 am

WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THE FEMALE DIRECTOR JANE CAMPION
em_stenson

Re: jane campion

Postby Gaz » Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:54 pm

WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS I WASN'T A BIG FAN OF THE PIANO
Gaz

Postby auteur » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:25 am

I like everything she's done, but the made-for-tv AN ANGEL AT MY TABLE is my favorite. Kerry Fox is stellar.
auteur

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:53 pm

The Piano was a fantastic film, but overrated. I agree that Campion's best films is still "The Angel at my Table". If you doubt Ms. Campion at all, see this masterpiece; which topped most critics' Ten Best lists when it came out.
bigpoppa_2059

Postby paredes » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:25 pm

It's true; The Piano is the most visually exciting and deserves to be as popular as it is, but An Angel At My Table has brilliant writing and is so fascinating for three hours straight. REally emotionally satisfying too.
paredes

Postby pre-tender » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:15 am

well well well...
The Piano is on my top list. Holly Hunter gave her best and probably the best performance from some one who has nothing to say with her tongue but with her face ! can u imagine how hard to play that role? Hunter is so brave to accept and to play it at the top-notch quality. Also score of The Piano will make those who even hate piano-sound like it forever...Also it has great cinematography ( re-see that scene on the shore)...So impressiive-so touching story...
Bravo Campion, i m seeking her other films to see and i m sure i will like them all cos u may feel "the female touch" in her films...
pre-tender

Postby hindragal33 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:04 am

"Sweetie" is my favorite; less melodramatic than "The Piano" and more in touch with her surreal shorts. If you like David Lynch's work, you'd probably like "Sweetie." What has Campion doe lately?
hindragal33

Return to Film Talk