Jeanne Moreau on "Inside the Actors Studio"...

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Jeanne Moreau on "Inside the Actors Studio"...

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:05 pm

Did anyone else see this episode today? It was great to hear such a legend talk about working with people like Jean Paul Belmondo & Truffaut. BTW, glaring omission by host James Lipton: not even ONE question about working with Luis Bunuel, Antonioni or Orson Welles?
bigpoppa_2059

Re: Jeanne Moreau on "Inside the Actors Studio"...

Postby oomingakus » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:19 am

I also watched Inside The Actors Studio with Jeanne Moreau. I wish Bravo would have more legends of international cinema on their station. This was the best program I've seen on TV for weeks. Catch the rerun, if you can!
oomingakus

Postby tomdan34 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:22 pm

James Lipton is usually so interested in flattering and sucking up to the person he is interviewing that I can't be surprised that he didn't discuss much of substance. He seldom goes beyond describing the sheer magnificent genius of the guest.
tomdan34

Postby chris » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:03 pm

It is curious that Lipton has only now had a french actor/actress on being that he has close ties with France and speaks fluent french.Considering his usual guests i.e.Travolta,Willis etc.this was indeed quite refreshing even through the ommisions,as pointed out.
chris

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:36 am

Yes the ommisions really bugged me though. They talked about her singing career, her later films, directorial efforts, i.e. stuff nobody cares about! I mean not ONE question about working with the greatest American film director of the sound era, Orson Welles. Or making La Notte with Antonioni. He didn't even ask about her affair with Truffaut, which is something I think all film buffs wanna hear about.
bigpoppa_2059

Return to Film Talk