Terminator 2 - V1, V2, V3

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Terminator 2 - V1, V2, V3

Postby Ria » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:33 pm

Has anyone else seen all 3 versions?

The 1st is of course the cinema version (which is actually very hard to get a hold of unless you still like to buy videos).

2nd is the directors cut, now on DVD. It has a lot of extra footage that I think add a lot to the film.

However, I have also seen a 3rd version on Laser Disc (copied to video form a guy that fell for LD). I can’t remember if anything was different during the movie but the end was totally different. It ends with you seeing something that look like ‘the’ playground. A man is pushing a kid on the swing. Sarah’s voice is narrating. She says (something like): “Well 2029 came and went, nothing happened. I still get that feeling but it’s much further away now”. It zooms in on an old lady sitting on a bench. It’s Sarah. The man pushing the kid on the swing is Connor, now grown up.

Has anyone else seen the 3rd version?

Re: Terminator 2 - V1, V2, V3

Postby Ria » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:36 pm

Surley someone's else have seen them?

Postby auteur » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:22 pm

You should be watching classic foreign films instead of three versions of a Hollywood action flick. Your favorites list looks anemic. Nothing older than that classic El Mariachi film eh?

Postby Ria » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:44 pm

They are my [b]favourites[/b]. That doesn't mean I haven't seen anything older than that.

Mostly I find 'classic' movies highly overrated. Perhaps they were something in their day but now they're nothing execpt to those holding on to their youth.

Postby gratefultiger » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:05 pm

Dear Ria, Classics do one thing others cannot do they stand the test of time,as you get older you will understand that! i am not patronising you as i like the Terminator myself as did believe it or not Tarkovsky! cheers

Postby Gaz » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:03 am

Well I'm not exactly holding on to my youth, and I rate 'classic' movies very highly. It is a mistake in any case to judge a movie 'classic' only when it has attained age. There are modern classics too. Only a Philistine would condemn classic movies in a sentence.

Postby Gaz » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:04 am

PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: fl-stn, f-lstn, -tn KEY
NOUN: 1. A member of an Aegean people who settled ancient Philistia around the 12th century b.c.
2a. A smug, ignorant, especially middle-class person who is regarded as being indifferent or antagonistic to artistic and cultural values. b. One who lacks knowledge in a specific area.

Postby Gaz » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:27 pm

Incidentally, I have just seen Godard's Le Mépris at the cinema - a rare privilege - one of those occasions where it is justifiable to use the phrase "They don't make 'em like that anymore." This is the kind of film which, with all the care and funding in the world, and for all sorts of reasons could never be made in this day and age.

Also the film which contains possibly the greatest on-screen Philistine (while we're on the subject) - Jerry Prokosch (Jack Palance). "I like gods; I know exactly how they feel."

Postby stof_ » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:31 am

Dear Ria,
I know the ending your talking about, I've seen it before on a T2 special. It was the original planned ending for the film. However at the last second they decided it was no good, so they filmed a stretch of Highway and gave Sarrah the narration piece. I hope that clears things up for you.

and to everybody else, can't someone ask a question without getting hounded for their film taste? people like all kinds of films for all kinds of reasons. If you can't help answer the post's question, just pass on this discussion!

Postby chris » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:47 pm

Here Here stuf,but I guess you know the old saying about opinions and everyone having one.It was just a question for Petes sake.Talk about Philistines!

Return to Film Talk