Isabelle Hupport's best movies

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Isabelle Hupport's best movies

Postby saratw2 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:28 pm

What do you think are Isabelle Hupport's best movies?

I have seen The Piano Teacher and 8 Women. She was superb in both! And what different roles they were.

Would like your suggestions for other movies that are good that she is in.
saratw2

Re: Isabelle Hupport's best movies

Postby auteur » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:32 am

Ms. Huppert is perhaps the best actress alive. She has received 12 Cesar nominations for best actress and won awards all over the world. Ms. Huppert is very prolific and courageous. She has made a career of playing sexually adventurous women and murderers.
My favorite of hers is STORY OF WOMEN, Chabrol's 1988 film about a housewife turned abortionist during WWII. She plays murderers in Violette('78), La Ceremonie('95), Merci pour le chocolat(2001). Studies of sexual obsession include:Loulou('80),Love after Love('92), The School of Flesh('98),etc. The Lacemaker(her breakthrough role), Madame Bovary, Coup de Torchon and La Separation('94) are also highly recommended.
Chabrol and Tavernier cannot be appreciative enough.
auteur

Postby PerditaDurango » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:22 am

Isabelle Huppert is fabulous in any role in which she is cast and as mentioned by auteur, she has great ability in portraying any range of characters (ahh much like my favorite actor Javier Bardem).
My favorite Huppert films are The Piano Teacher, and the Chabrol trio of directed La Ceremonie, Merci Pour le Chocolat, L'Enfer.
PerditaDurango

Postby john-5 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:10 pm

Magnificent actress indeed. So many fine films and performances; The Lacemaker, Violette Noziere, Sauve qui Peut, Loulou, La Cérémonie, Comédie de l'Innocence, Merci pour le Chocolat, The Piano Teacher, 8 Femmes, among others. I've not seen Story of Women, Coup de Torchon or Entre Nous.
john-5

Return to Film Talk