Similar Movies

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Similar Movies

Postby nickc2 » Mon Oct 02, 2000 1:18 am

We have just looked at a film called "The Piano". It is the story of an English lady (about 100 years ago) who lost her husband. They had a daughter now about 6 or 8. Another marriage was arranged and they traveled to New Zealand for the wedding. It did not work out and she fell in love with another man. It was a warm love story and the love scenes were done with class. Question: does anyone know of similar romantic movies done with warmth and class?
nickc2

Re: Similar Movies

Postby cinemasmooch » Mon Nov 13, 2000 6:05 pm

I saw your message shortly after you posted it and have been thinking and thinking of other romantic films similar to The Piano. I just can't come up with anything to compare it with unfortunately. Another one needs to be made because it was "one class act" like you said - and what the world needs now is love, sweet love!
cinemasmooch

Re: Similar Movies

Postby yangchen » Thu Nov 30, 2000 7:26 pm

Have you seen Oscar and Lucinda? Very understated and moving. Lots of subtleties and certainly a movie about love (with Ralph Fiennes and Cate Blanchard). Another of my all-time favorite movies is Beseiged (David Thewlis & Thandi Newton)--incredible moving that is about the ESSENCE of love.
yangchen

Return to Film Talk