Domestic Reviews Overseas

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Domestic Reviews Overseas

Postby chicagotag » Thu Oct 18, 2001 9:46 pm

Does anyone know what foreign countries say about our films, such as which ones they like very much? Im interested to know which of US films got popularity and respect in foreign countries
chicagotag

Re: Domestic Reviews Overseas

Postby H20gateburgler » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:55 am

I'm not sure how they get them but in Havana, Cuba they run an American movie every Saturday night. One person told me, "We see more American movies than you do." I flipped on the TV and there was some sort of detective movie - with Spanish subtitles - starring Joe Don Baker and Kevin Bacon. From talking to people they also seem to get a lot of movies about the Vietnam War. One night of the week they have a show called "Take One" which begins with an informed critic discussing the film and is usually one that is respected around the world or has some sort of social content or something. Saturday's nights movie is acknowledged to be more the shoot-em up's and tawdry romances. They seem to lean towards actors and directors who are sympathetic to Cuba, I heard good opinions of Redford, Nicholson and so on. Of course I suppose you would hear good things about these in any country.
H20gateburgler

Return to Lists and Recommendations