Ultimate #1

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Ultimate #1

Postby chicagotag » Sat Nov 03, 2001 7:00 pm

I see plenty of huge lists with everyone's varied opinions on their favorite films. Because i am new to foreign films, is there one ultimate film that everyone loves and makes the top of all lists? i dont need another list of 30, so please, just one or two titles that most people love (even if you personally didnt love it). Most of the films i have seen are trashed by you guys(life is beautiful, il postino, etc.) so i wanted to make sure i watched one that all the big time fans liked so i can compare..thank you

Re: Ultimate #1

Postby shoehorn » Fri Nov 09, 2001 2:56 pm

You will find that, as with domestic films, foreign films are just as subjective. If you view 10 lists, I'm sure you will find 10 different number ones. I would suggest you consult a compilation of all time favorite lists at www.filmwritten.com. Go to the bottom of the home page and click on the link to all time best lists. While these lists include domestic films, the majority are foreign.

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Mon Dec 10, 2001 9:40 pm

Simply-Just Type In,French Cinema is the Best in the World and leave it at that Geezer

Postby john-5 » Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:38 pm

Setting aside personal taste, i'd say Seven Samurai seems to fit what you're looking for; popular with the public and critics and doing very well in ForeignFilms' poll (among others).

Return to Lists and Recommendations