I HATE FELLINI, VISCONTI

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Re: I HATE FELLINI, VISCONTI

Postby mezincescue » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:11 am

Waw! But ofcourse, you have the right to hate anyone, as long as you can articulate your reasons. But simly saying
that they create their own fantasms" - sure, they do! as
any of seriouse /and not so/ artists and writers, as long
as it is not Speilberg. You don,t have to submit to "the classic" taste and be a rebel, but at least prove your point
and tell what you like, instead.I hate All Tarkovsky - the
later, - the more!but i know why, even if most of movie fans gave me this "you just don't understand" shrug.
Fellini is very real and very tragic, maybe it is not your language he speaks.
mezincescue

Postby ksparent » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:17 pm

I'm sure I'l check out La Strada at some point, though it's not tragedy I'm looking for. What would make Fellini work for me is less self-indulgance. Truth is, I *want* to like the guy and his films.

Come to think of it, I still have unwatched DVDs of Varsity Lights and A Self-Portrait of Fellini. Maybe something will click in me with one of these.
ksparent

Postby groom_daniel » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:05 am

My favourite Fellini film, and his best, in my opinion, is Nights of Cabiria. If nothing else, check it out for the brilliant, Giulietta Masina.
groom_daniel

Postby smurfrevolt » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:37 am

i like visconti, well at least the one film i watched that he directed. "Death in Venice." It's very subjective...
smurfrevolt

Previous

Return to Lists and Recommendations