best of 2002

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

best of 2002

Postby somegreatmovies » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:55 pm

1. The Visitation (Dorsky)
2. Time Out, Femme Fatale
3. Late Marriage, Punch Drunk Love, The Super 8 films of Jose Rodriguez, Daylight Moon (Klahr), 25th Hour, Adaptation, About Schmidt, Believer, Minority Report, Mother (Luther Price), Regarding Penelope's Wake, Town is Quiet
4. Gangs of New York, Catch Me if You Can, Sleepy Time Gal, Afghanistan Year 1380, Yes? Ja? Oui?
5. Solaris, Sunshine State, Secretary, Panic Room, R'Xmas, Bloodwork, Biggie and Tupac
6. Decasia, Barbershop, Far From Heaven, Hybrid, Monday Morning, Lovely & Amazing
7. Moonlight Mile, Unfaithfull, Fast Runner, Full Frontal
8. Chicago

...any other opinions???

Re: best of 2002

Postby christine » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:45 pm

Bear in mind we in Britain didn't get About Schmidt or Catch Me if You Can till 2003, and haven't got Adaptation yet..sigh

My best ones I saw at the flicks last year were Hable Con Ella, The Warrior, Abril Despdacedo, Devils Backbone, Dog Soldiers, 28 Days Later, The Quiet American, All or Nothing, Sweet Sixteen, Road To Perdition

...and so far this year it's been great stuff with the Pianist, City of God and Spider.

Postby bmxsuperhero » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:52 am

I go by the year release date that the Internet Movie Database offers, so by those rules, I haven't seen many films of '02, especially foreign releases that have yet to make it to the US. According to the IMDb, both Time Out and Late Marriage qualify for 2001. Here's my list, temporary, of decent films from 2002.

24 Hour Party People (Michael Winterbottom), 8 Femmes [8 Women] (François Ozon), Dahmer (David Jacobson), The Good Girl (Miguel Arteta), Igby Goes Down (Burr Steers), The Laramie Project (Moisés Kaufman), Manito (Eric Eason), Notorious C.H.O. (Lorene Machado), Panic Room (David Fincher), Personal Velocity: Three Portraits (Rebecca Miller), Spider (David Cronenberg).

Honourable mentions:
Adaptation (Spike Jonze), Barbershop (Tim Story), The Rules of Attraction (Roger Avary), Tadpole (Gary Winick), Unfaithful (Adrian Lyne).

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:57 am

Best films of 2002 (and there were a lot)

In Praise of Love
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Far From Heaven
Spirited Away
About Schmidt
LOTR: Two Towers
Talk to Her
The Pianist
The Quiet American
Punch Drunk Love
The Fast Runner
Femme Fatale