Best Cinematography ?

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Re: Best Cinematography ?

Postby auteur » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:10 pm

Are the films directed by the great Emilio "El Indio" Fernandez available on video in the U.S.?

Postby smurfrevolt » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:50 am

hey, yeah, i love that film for its cinematography. roger avary the director also had something to do with pulp fiction, so i bet he had some practice. But i guess you already know this. I suppose the only saving grace of this movie, i'd have to admit is the cinematography.

Postby smurfrevolt » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:53 am

i was talking about "rules of Attraction." but anyway, great cinematography--"Requiem for a Dream," "Fight Club," "the Princess and the Warrior." "Matrix"

Postby smurfrevolt » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:56 am

I also forgot to mention --Wong Kar-wai's and Zhang Yimou's films. See them if you haven't already.

Postby dianem » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:29 pm

john 5 - re: Storaro - don't forget the coppola turkey, One From the was dreadful but the cinematography was outstanding.

Postby wpqx » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:06 pm

I just saw The Cranes are Flying and I have a new number one. Every shot is brilliance and any flaw in the film can easily be overlooked on the strength of the cinematography.

Postby Slohands » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:15 pm

Had to add Vilmos Zsigmond to the list of great cameramen.
McCabe and Mrs. Miller, The Deer Hunter, etc.

Postby spkrauszer » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:39 pm

"Cries and Whispers" had really good cinematography.

Postby texan_gal » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:08 am

Zhang Yimou's Hero

Postby gratefultiger » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:22 am

"The Cranes Are Flying" excellent choice! i would also recommend Kobayashi's"The Human Condition 1,2.3" & Kon Ichikawa's "Fires on the Plain"...Cheers

Return to Lists and Recommendations