You guys

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Re: You guys

Postby mr_black667 » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:32 pm

Did anyone get my point? People are writing that they would like to hear about less known directors and less known movies instead of the same old that are mentioned a thousand times. Sure, I agree. But my topic was: Why all the top 5/10/100 lists? Ok, you'll get to know some knew names an titles, but is it not better to tell others about what you like and what it's about?
mr_black667

Postby Gaz » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:29 pm

I suppose some people, myself included, just like making lists. I'm misguided enough to think that it makes me seem organised. Is there any harm in it?
Gaz

Postby wpqx » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:02 am

Well lets try this again, my computer shut down in the middle of typing a reply, damn dial up. Anyways I agree with Gaz and love making lists. Not just films but songs, singers, Simpson's episodes, actors, and a lot of others. My current project is a foreign film top 100, but much more research needs to be done.
wpqx

Postby gratefultiger » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:12 am

i guess it is human nature to make lists if you have a passion for film,literature music or whatever,why? probably to make,wait for it "a point" so we can educate each other
otherwise we would be ignorant & we can't have that can we.
gratefultiger

Postby miketripp » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:33 am

I'm brand new to the site and the boards but doesn't it seem that this forum "Best/Worst Lists" should be filled with top 5/10/50, etc...

There should be plenty of other forums for more in depth discussion of films. And perhaps people could go into brief detail about top movies on their list.. but this forum in particular seems geared towards list makers.. nothing wrong with that.

If more detailed discussion is desired, it's up to us to start more in depth discussion on this or the other forums.
miketripp

Postby darkthirty » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:39 am

Well, a number of my top ten films have only 3 or 4 votes cast at all, so they'll be a long time getting to the top 100. They are either pretty recent (Whale Rider, Werckmeister Harmonies), or haven't entered the "canon", as it were (Landscape in the Mist), though they deserve to be there. I find films by following the personal picks of the posters here. The top 10/100 lists are just ways to get around, find someone with similar tastes, and branch out to new films.
darkthirty

Previous

Return to Lists and Recommendations