What is happening to Top100 List ?

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

What is happening to Top100 List ?

Postby pre-tender » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:08 am

Has any one noticed that top100 list is changing rapidly? What is happening ? Turkish films ( especially Yilmaz Guney's films) are on the top5 !!! i can not believe that his films gained this popularity in a week! however it is very cool to see Turkish films on the top :))
pre-tender

Re: What is happening to Top100 List ?

Postby john-5 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:25 pm

The current top 9 are all from Arabic countries- Turkey and Iran. I'm all for neglected films and countries getting a chance, but while i can't pass judgment on the quality of the several i've not seen, it's obviously another example of voting en masse that ruined the placings of many Japanese films and has undermined the integrity of the 100.
john-5

Postby FF-jason » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:40 pm

Taken care of. Some sorry individual had spent the past few days at his PC setting up usernames (each with a valid unique email address) and voting for these films. Oh well, took me about 2 minutes to clear the ratings and disable all of these accounts. Cheers.
FF-jason

Postby pre-tender » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:12 pm

well i absolutely agree with u, for they are not popular or out-of-print, many foreignfilms lovers can not see Turkish films, like u i desire those forgotten counntries' forgotten films should be considered...
also i want to correct a mistake in John's message; Turkey or Turkish people or Turkish films are not Arabic :))
pre-tender

Return to Lists and Recommendations