Best Soundtracks?

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Best Soundtracks?

Postby disable_2001 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:53 pm

You know. Stuff like Lost Highway, Amelie or Requiem For A Dream.

Re: Best Soundtracks?

Postby Gaz » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:33 pm

Do you mean original scores or soundtracks by assorted artists? There's a Best Score thread further down.

I saw Isabel Coixet's My Life Without Me yesterday and, as well as thinking it was one of the best films I had seen in a very long time, I also thought the soundtrack was excellent, especially Senza Fine by Gino Paoli (which was also used in the cinematic trailer).

Postby nina* » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:41 am

The Magnolia soundtrack is great. Aimee Mann & two songs from Supertramp's 1979 album "Brekfast in America" (witch is an excellent album). Jon Brion who among other things did the "Magnolia" song 4 this album, has also produced Fiona Apple's 2nd album (and the upcoming third) "When the Pawn", witch I would recommend to anyone who likes the Magnolia album. The Harold and Maude (1971) soundtrack should be great if you like Cat Stevens. I haven't heard the soundtrack thow, but I dont think Cat Stevens could go wrong. Also Pulp Fiction; Rocky Horror & Hedwig and the angry inch -if you're into rock musicals; Yentl has great music: unless you hate Streisand; Frida & Talk to had also good soundtracks.

Postby Gaz » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:56 am

I couldn't agree more about the Magnolia and Harold & Maude soundtracks - both wonderful and in keeping with the moods of their films.

Postby gratefultiger » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:42 am

Latcho drom!

Postby chris » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:24 am

I love the soundtrack for Zabriskie Point,yes the movie is at times dreadful but the music fits the mood of the movie perfectly,now lets hope it comes out on DVD soon.By the way has anyone been to the real ZP in the Caliornia desert?

Postby gratefultiger » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:57 pm

Yes Ihave the soundtrack of this turkey being a Grateful Dead fan,it is a shame as the music is excellent,pity about the film which gives old Hippies & Radicals a bad name.
Looks like Antonioni got "dosed" & lost his way in never ever land! Cheers

Postby ladym » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:32 am

I love 'The English Patient' soundtrack. I love Cat Stevens so the 'Harold and Maude' soundtrack is great.

I want to get 'The Big Chill' soundtrack and 'Kramer v. Kramer' soundtrack. I enjoyed both movies.

Postby smurfrevolt » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:24 am

Iliked the Soundtrack to Great Expectations, more than the movie itself. Also Amores Perros, with the urban chicano rap, techno music there. But it really depends on your preference. Anyway, i think soundtracks could be said to have worked for the film if they reinforce a film's scene, not take the limelight away from the scene. Some movies use great songs in their movies, to the point of overshadowing the scene. It kinda loses the purpose of using a soundtrack. Now, this song used in Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange, Singing in the Rain, was used in a context that reinforces the scene. And that's the best way to use sountracks for me. I don't like that song per se, but you could say, "Hey that's a good soundtrack." You know what I mean?

Postby nikki-1 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:17 am

Soundtrack to Trainspotting was excellent. Both are great.

Return to Lists and Recommendations