Help me locate MUSIC TEACHER movies

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

Help me locate MUSIC TEACHER movies

Postby mbrand » Sun Feb 25, 2001 2:36 am

For a research project, I am trying to locate films (world-wide) either about a music teacher or
featuring meaningful scenes of music teaching. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
mbrand

Re: Help me locate MUSIC TEACHER movies

Postby jbilow » Sun Mar 11, 2001 11:34 pm

How about Mr. Holland's Opus?
jbilow

Postby Wildlyfer » Wed Apr 25, 2001 7:01 pm

There was a great true story movie made by Meryl Streep who taught students to play violin and actually played at Carnegie Hall. Good show. Can't remember the name of it, <eyeroll>
Wildlyfer

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:26 pm

Isabelle Huppert has just won an award at The Cannes Film Festival 2001 for le Pianist (The Piano Teacher) a film that should be on General release soon about an Older woman Dominated by her mother who teaches a young student to play the Piano and falls for him,other than that i do not know more about it as it has only just been screened at Cannes i learn about it from an Interview that Isabelle Huppert gave on UK`s FILMFOUR,The Director is a German although i think he is more likely Austrian,as his previous films have been Austrian,Michael Haneke,i hope this helps.
HASSELBAINK007

Postby john-5 » Tue Jan 01, 2002 10:15 am

The Music teacher(Corbiau),Belgium,1988
L'Accompagnatrice(Miller)France,1992-accompanist, not teacher.
Music of the Heart(Craven),USA,1999-the Meryl Streep film referred to above.
The Testimony of Taliesin Jones, Wales,2000,T.V release only here so far-the piano lessons are only a small part of the story.
john-5

Postby john-5 » Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:06 pm

Also:Intermezzo(Molander),Sweden,1937,with Ingrid Bergman,and its Hollywood remake a couple of years later.The wonderful Letter From an Unknown Woman (Ophuls),U.S,1948,concerns a young woman who falls in love with a concert pianist in Vienna.
john-5

Postby esackman » Thu Jan 10, 2002 7:27 pm

Besides the ones named, you might try Shirley MacLaine as the title character and music teacher in "Madam Sousatzka." Enjoy!
esackman

Postby tra » Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:44 am

Try "Tout les matains de monde" (my french isn't so good. The english title is All The Mornings of the World.

It is an excellent film about the viole (cello) and a real-life teacher-composer who lived around the 1700s
tra

Return to Questions