in the mood for love

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

in the mood for love

Postby nana » Wed Feb 14, 2001 7:44 am

is there any theatre remotely close to the southeast that will release the new wong kar-wai film? i guess "remotely" means as north as n.c. as west as new orleans...as south as miami. i know it's in ca,ny, and seattle,wa. i want to see it on the big screen...else i would have gone ebay months ago!!
any info would be great,
---nana
nana

Re: in the mood for love

Postby katsuben » Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:19 am

while you have to drive a long way to see it, i have to wait until the end of march! <BR> but then just walk 10 minutes. . .good luck and present a non-plot evaluation when you've seen it. :)
katsuben

Postby acquarello » Wed Feb 14, 2001 1:23 pm

I cheated and picked this up on a Hong Kong DVD a few weeks ago. Excellent film, good soundtrack (as usual). It is a spare, but highly stylized - very romantic and sensual. A good companion piece to "Days of Being Wild".

acquarello
www.filmref.com
acquarello

Postby BEK » Thu Feb 15, 2001 4:09 am

Yeah, if you're dying to see it, and won't have theatre access, you can buy a copy on DVD from Poker Industries. I recommend these guys in general for a lot of buying- they stock Asian DVD's and VCD's at VERY fair prices and good service. (I don't work for them, I've just happily bought lots of DVD's, etc from them.)

They have the In the mood for Love soundtrack as well (or at least they did during the Christmas season). The url is www.pokerindustries.com

Peace,
BEK
BEK

Return to Film Talk