Looking for Spanish / Italian film?

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

Looking for Spanish / Italian film?

Postby tleary » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:57 pm

Looking for the title to a Spanish or Italian film wher a woman does something different, to a man, with a scarf. Not going to be more specific than that. If you've seen the film you will know what I am talking about.
tleary

Re: Looking for Spanish / Italian film?

Postby myparadise » Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:58 pm

Oh gosh! I do recall this one!!! I even think I had it on video (only I sold ALL my videos last Christmas to pay for a DVD and new flatscreen TV!). I'll keep thinking... it was... interesting, to say the least!
myparadise

Postby tleary » Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:46 pm

Thanks for the reply MyParadise. I would really appreciate you following up on this for me. I believe the film was Spanish and made on or before 1993. Is there a possibility it could be one of Almodovar's films?
tleary

Postby myparadise » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:52 am

I did a bit of searching after posting my reply, but came up empty. I was thinking it may have had "lover" or "affair" in the title. Its been years since I saw the film, but the more I think on it, the more I recall of it. Title feels as its on the edge of my tongue or brain. Hope we (or anyone else!) can come up with the title.
myparadise

Postby myparadise » Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:16 pm

I've still been thinking (tho I've been busy)... I vaguely recall some scenery of the place(s) in the film... wondering if the title also had the location of the story in the title perhaps. Sadly, I'm still drawing a blank.
myparadise

Postby philvasquez » Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:33 am

Hey tleary,
Any chance you're thinking of Matador? It's an Almodovar film from 1986. I remember a pretty brutal scene at the beginning and many others throughout. And the scarf thing would kinda make sense wouldn't it? I could be wrong, but if you rent it and that ain't it at least you'll get to watch a great film.
philvasquez

Postby myparadise » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:36 am

Hi Phil, thanks for joining us! Don't believe that is the film he's looking for. It was a WOMAN using a scarf with a MAN. No animals involved. ;)
myparadise

Postby myparadise » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:38 am

P.S. There was nothing "brutal" about this film either. (Sensual -understatement- perhaps, but not brutal.) =D
myparadise

Postby tleary » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:30 pm

Hey Everybody:

Thanks for the help you've given so far. I've been doing some searching on my own. Is there a possibility the move is "Lovers" (Spanish title "Amantes")with Victoria Abril and directed by Vincente Amantes?
tleary

Postby myparadise » Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:07 am

Very possibly... is it rentable to find out? If you do find out for sure... please reply again and let us know!
myparadise

Return to Questions