USA Vs. France

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

Re: USA Vs. France

Postby chris » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:33 am

Fulham & Arsenal are practically all French too.Not bad for a New Jersey guy,huh?8 Women is the best film I've seen this year.Oh that Fanny Ardent!!!
chris

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:15 am

Jacques CH IRAQ (Need i say anymore ) for the new El Presedenti.Our Cows all went mad in England because they were bitten by those Rabid French Dogs.France are hiding there most powerful weapons they sell over there,The Chemical ones A Baguette with a big pile of smelly Garlic running through the Middle.You could hide there Weapons behind De Gaulle and Chiracs Noses.Still better hope they don`t need Bailing out by the Yanks and Brits again.Nice to know who your Friends are.A French Butcher got aids the other week,he put his meat up two Francs
HASSELBAINK007

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:19 am

HENRY V,WELLINGTON,NELSON,ADMIRAL RODNEY,DUKE OF MARLBOROUGH
Need i say more
HASSELBAINK007

Postby Gaz » Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:25 pm

Now you're getting personal. Any more of this shameless xenophobia and I will be forced to take action. Possibly by going to live in France.
Gaz

Postby Gaz » Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:27 pm

And I'm afraid I've never heard of Admiral Rodney - are you thinking of Rodney from Only Fools and Horses? In which case I am forced to point out that Lyndhurst is a Scandinavian surname - not English at all HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Gaz

Postby oomingakus » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:35 am

I LOVE the French! In response to that dumbass move to take the "French" out of fries and toast, some group in France is gathering up and sending President Bush thousands of pretzels! "Pretzels For Peace" is the name of the project. The citizens of our country really let their ignorance show with that stupid name-change. French toast and french fries aren't even French, you dumbasses! The French showed more courage than the people in this country by standing by their opinion on the Iraq situation. It's called integrity. And they're not the only ones opposed to this war. I've heard from someone who lives in Italy that MILLIONS of people protest in the streets every day. Sorry to stray off-topic. I love French culture! Vive la France!
oomingakus

Postby kcpuden1 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:47 am

Integrity, Courage, like defiling the graves of 11,000 fallen hero's at Etaples, France. Integrity, Courage, 1/3 of the citizen's of France side with a monster like Saddam?
Yeah, the French have real integrity and courage, more like trying to protect their business interest, such as helping a monster like Saddam build a Nuclear Reactor, which without the fore sight and courage of Israel, by taking it out, who knows what sort of world we'd be living in today, if at all. Yes, the French are very courages indeed. Check your facts, before you go trashing people of the USA!
kcpuden1

Postby Gaz » Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:18 pm

Ideally I'd like to remain apolitical, but I must point out that opposition to war is not "siding with Saddam". As for protecting business interests, isn't this war really about that very thing? US oil etc.

In any case, pretzels for peace is an excellent idea. "My mother always said, chew before you swallow." - George W Bush.
Gaz

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:59 pm

I Have visited the War Graves at The Somme,Thiepval and others.That Discusting Damage of the War Graves is the act of a lunatic.Many Countries lost soldiers in the Great War and not to mention WW2.When you come back from a place like Thiepval you cannot find words to describe the Great sense of Loss.On a Personal note from the Uk,over a Million of our men are Buried in France and Belguim.We had 60,000 Casualties at the Somme on July 1st 1916 in one afternoon including over 20,000 Killed in Action.Some Countries seem to have a very Selective Memory.I Do not hold the Whole of France responsible for the Act of an Individual but it does not help the Cause.
HASSELBAINK007

Postby john-5 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:27 pm

Well they may not be perfect but i love many things French. And it was the US and Britain who supported and armed Saddam (as they did Bin Laden in Afghanistan) when it suited their interests- i.e. his invasion of Iran-, regardless of the suffering of the Kurds and the oppression of his people. And 12 years of sanctions hardly helped the Iraqi people (1/2 million dead children as a result). Saddam's evil or perceived threat is not the reason but the excuse for the war. I'm saddened by the thoughtless racism encouraged by the right wing press and politicians.

And France was far from the only country opposed to the war on the Security council; the US and Britain just wanted a scapegoat, so who better than old froggy.

As for French films; well i'd be delighted if there were a major renaissance, given the country's outstanding and magical contribution to cinema (including its official birth- let there be light!). The world has sore need of more figures like the great humanist and internationalist Jean Renoir.
john-5

PreviousNext

Return to Questions