Amores Perros...... Has anyone seen it?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Amores Perros...... Has anyone seen it?

Postby maya » Sun Apr 08, 2001 12:30 am

firetree, I will make a note to see "Danzon" I have a question for you, have you seen the film "M" by Fritz Lang?
I was going to rent it the other day I just realy didn't have time to see it. Thanks.
maya

Postby firetree65 » Sun Apr 08, 2001 6:51 pm

Fritz Lang's "M" is one of the early German expressionist films in the 30's. You'll see some great cinematography - nice shadows pervading its suspenseful atmostphere. It's way ahead of its time. When I first saw it, I was shocked to learn that it was made in 1931. Great film. I'm sure you'll like it. The Criterion-DVD restored version is awesome.
firetree65

Postby maya » Sun Apr 08, 2001 10:00 pm

Thanks, I don't own a DVD so I will rent it on VHS. I hope that will not ruin it for me. "La Strada" is another film I would love to see but I have not found it. I have seen "Nights of Cabiria" and "Juliet of the Spirits" which are my favorite Fellini films and Guillieta Masina one of my favorite foreign actor.
maya

Postby firetree65 » Tue Apr 10, 2001 9:40 am

"La Strada" is perhaps Fellini's greatest contribution to neo-realism, a film making employing mostly non-actors, shot on actual locations rather than studios and generally dealt with hardship and poverty and the like, gained popularity and won critical acclaim in the 40's through the early 50's. Expectedly, the film is sad but more importantly, it introduced the world to the genius of Fellini. If you want to follow his works, I recommend "La Dolce Vita", "Amarcord" and what I believe his greatest work is - "8 1/2". Since you mentioned that you like "Juliet of the Spirits" (which I do, too), you might want to check his other "dazzling" works like "Satyricon", "City of Women" and "And the Ship Sails On" which I think is his most enjoyable work. Good luck!
firetree65

Postby maya » Tue Apr 10, 2001 10:00 am

thanks firetree, I have seen La Dolce Vita, not one of my favorite films and 81/2 was "intresting". Juliet of the spirits in my opinion is Fellinis best from what I have seen so far. In Dolce vita what was the message in the last scene with little girl and Marcello?
maya

Postby im2good4u33 » Tue Apr 10, 2001 4:21 pm

Hola, si presisamente voy a ir a Tijuana a comprarla. Pero ya la voy a ver este fin de semana. Me dicen que esta perrona. I have seen Lovers in teh Artic Circle, si me gusto pero mo gusto mas otra pelicula con Javier Bardem.se llama Boca a Boca. Que chistosa. otra pelicula mexicana que esta fenomenal se llama Sexo, Pudor, y Lagrimas. Esta fabulosa, se las recomendo a todos. Bye1
im2good4u33

Postby firetree65 » Wed Apr 11, 2001 10:22 am

Maya, I have to watch La Dolce Vita again. The last time I saw it was like 12 years ago. I'll let you know but now, I just have no recollection of the ending.
firetree65

Postby cinemasmooch » Wed Apr 11, 2001 3:05 pm

I don't want to see this movie because I don't want to see dogs or any other animals being forced to rip each other apart by people for the viewing pleasure and monetary gain of people.
cinemasmooch

Postby maya » Wed Apr 11, 2001 5:32 pm

Well, let me tell you I viewed about 30 minutes of this movie because I got a bad video, it had no voice. What I did see, was very intense. If you are an animal lover do not see this film. The little that I watched was very, very good. I know it's had to judge considering the little I viewed but being Hispanic I could relate to it. I hope to see the rest soon. It is extremely violent.
maya

Postby maya » Wed Apr 11, 2001 5:38 pm

im2good4u33, cuidado cuando compres la pelicula. Fijate que la que le vendieron a mi amiga en Mexico es una copia sin voz. Cuidate de la pirateria. Suerte!
maya

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk