Need title of recent French film

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

Need title of recent French film

Postby ajaxachilles » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:29 pm

In June 2002 I was on an Air France flight back to the U.S. and saw a wacky action film with "Matrix" type cinematography. I was late into the film, and looking through the onboard magazine I could not finmd any details. Here are some specifics tho' that I remember:

*** There is a character who looks suspiciously like Richard "Jaws" Kiel -- but from his youth. This guy ducks a bullet ala Matrix style tho' he is a heavy bent on destroying the hero.

*** The movie has a penultimate scene with a weird Hope-Crosby humor with possibly the French Foreign Legion -- and most certainly involving Mujahideen...! The Mujahideen are each paid for a staged revolt?

*** A one-liner in the Mujahideen scene when a heavy is shown to be identical twins, and a commander says something like: "Great, just the kind of surprise that bothers me ... twins."

-- Many thanks for any help you can give.

Re: Need title of recent French film

Postby lionelz » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:40 pm

I really don't know if this is the right movie. The only action movie with a young actor who looks like Richard "Jaws" Kiel (!!!) recently released was "Gomez & Tavares". Does this poster and the pics look familiar to you?

Re: Need title of recent French film

Postby ajaxachilles » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:23 pm

Thank you for your reply! I'm looking at "Gomez & Tavares" but I'm not sure that it is it. But it looks like a funny French buddy-cop movie that's interesting. Thank you for the help! I'll try to find this one.

Return to Questions