Amores Perros...... Has anyone seen it?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Amores Perros...... Has anyone seen it?

Postby im2good4u33 » Tue Apr 24, 2001 9:21 pm

I highly recommend this movie to everyone, dont waste your money on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. If its reality you want, see this instead!
im2good4u33

Postby PunkWashGurl » Sun Apr 29, 2001 9:14 pm

YES, THIS MOVIE ROX!!!! i finally saw it after an EXTREMELY long month of anticipation!!! it w2as soo good (and soooo worth the hour long drive!!!) ok
bye * my kindred spirits *
PunkWashGurl

Postby im2good4u33 » Wed May 02, 2001 11:07 pm

I own this movie on tape!!! I am the happiest man alive. This movie left me thinking about it when I left the theater. I have since aquired it from a friend in Mexico. I highly recommend it to everyone. Including those silly people who voted for that even sillier Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
im2good4u33

Postby im2good4u33 » Fri May 04, 2001 10:55 pm

Fir anyone with who likes good acting, good directing, and great dialogue, this movie is for you. Seems like I'm plugging the movie too much, but I just love it. Not only if this a very sentimental movie, it is also full of emotion and hope.
Unlike most of the films being made nowadays, its a real surprise to see something this good. Its been a while since I saw a movie that left you thinking about for days, and weeks.
im2good4u33

Postby maya » Sat May 05, 2001 1:52 pm

im2good4u33, okay we get the message buddy, so you loved this film and I hope to see it soon and let you know what I think. Have you ever seen "Andrei Rublev" this is a very emotional movie I think you will enjoy it. See ya :)
maya

Postby im2good4u33 » Tue May 15, 2001 4:05 pm

This message board must live on!!!!!!!!
im2good4u33

Postby repulsion2000 » Thu May 17, 2001 12:26 pm

The film has drawn so many comparisons to Tarantino but I almost feel that's an insult. Despite the Tarantinoesque timeline, the film beautifully recalls the beauty ok Kieslowski's "Dekalog" pictures. My review of the film can be found here on my site:

http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/archive/amoresperros.html
repulsion2000

Postby im2good4u33 » Fri May 18, 2001 10:39 pm

First of all, Tarantino is different. This film is more surreal. Tarantino made a good film that was overshadowed by the celebrities involved in the film (Willis, Thurman, and Travolta).
Alejandro Gonazales Inarritu managed to make a film with high emotional content, without the help of greatly known celebirities but with real talent. This movie is not only a great step for Latin Directors but its opening doors for original scripts and real actors.
Of course its an insult to compare it to Tarantino. I doubt that Mr Gonzales Inarritu would appreciate an insult like that.
im2good4u33

Postby im2good4u33 » Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:20 pm

Just trying to open this message board again, he he he.
im2good4u33

Postby ianna_2000 » Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:40 pm

hi all,i just discovered this site today :) and yes i saw amores perros just recently.i LOVED IT!!!! if you liked this film,may i suggest "cabaret balkan" and "girl on the bridge"....totally different from each other (one is serbian,one french)but a lot of passion in both. amores perros is so good i had to find the music (si senor!!) as well!!aah,the movie came recommended by a friend,and boy am i ever glad i heard of it! so yes,i say,let's keep up this discussion thread ;)
ianna_2000

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk