Qn: What are your favorite Isabelle Huppert films?

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Qn: What are your favorite Isabelle Huppert films?

Postby Sara » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:47 pm

I think she was at her best in "The Piano Teacher."

And then in "The Ceremony" she is a postal worker and really dominates the films though she is not the "main" character. I love her performance in this.

She's fun in "8 Women."

And in Chabrol's "Madame Bovary" she is quite good.

What films has she been in that you really liked?

Sara
Sara

Re: Qn: What are your favorite Isabelle Huppert films?

Postby trevor826 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:22 pm

Although there are quite a few films I could list, I thought her performance in "I heart Huckabee's" was brilliant, parodying her own persona, she's obviously got a good sense of humour.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby Sara » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:28 pm

I just watched "Merci Pour le Chocolat" and found Isabelle Huppert as mysterious, introverted, full of her own psyche, beautiful, and different (from most folks) as ever. She is amazing and projects that she is filled with her "inner demons" as usual but carries forth holding her outer character intact.

While I don't think this movie is as good as "The Piano Teacher" or some of her other films, it was good.

Have any of you seen this? What did you think?

And again, I still can't sort out the movie and am left with questions.

Sara
Sara

Postby A » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:27 am

My favorite Isabelle Huppert film is Saint-Cyr (The King's Daughters) by Patricia Mazuy. Fine film, with a fine performance by Huppert the french king's mistress, though she isn't the main character in the film.
Need to see her in Heaven's gate
A

Postby andre angel » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:56 pm

Werner Schroeter's "Malina" is my favorite. Cool film, cool acting!
andre angel

Postby kookook » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:19 pm

Title: Madame Bovary (1992)
Director: Claude Chabrol
Rated: PG-13

Synopsis: Adapted from the Gustave Flaubert classic, the story of Emma Rouault, a woman who aspires to greatness, but instead marries Charles Bovary, the local physician. After giving birth to a beautiful child, she quickly grows discontented with her family and the petty bourgeois life they lead and attempts to enliven her life by having affairs with a variety of men, but they all prove untrustworthy and abandon her when she needs them most.
kookook

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:25 pm

I just watched "La Separation." Isabelle Huppert and Daniel Auteuil are wonderful in this. (He was in "The Widow of St. Pierre and "The Girl on the Bridge" - both directed by Leconte.)

See it if only for the superb acting - though the film is really good.

Sara
Sara

Postby trevor826 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:04 pm

Re: Merci Pour le Chocolat, I found it bizarre that she broke down so easily at the end when confronted with the truth, after all she had been hiding the previous murder for quite a few years.

What sort of query did you have Sara?

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby Sara » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:59 pm

trevor. what do you mean "query?"

Merci pour la chocolat is not the greatest film for Isabelle Huppert. I honestly think her two best were "The Piano Teacher" and "The Ceremony." Though I thought her acting was superb in "La Separation." Have you seen that one?

Sara
Sara

Postby trevor826 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:27 pm

I just watched "Merci Pour le Chocolat" - And again, I still can't sort out the movie and am left with questions.

From your previous post on the film.

I have seen the three films mentioned but not for a while, I'd have to give them a run through again although she was very memorable in "The Piano Teacher".

Cheers Trev
trevor826

Next

Return to Lists and Recommendations