crouching tiger, hidden dragon

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Postby mouse » Thu Apr 19, 2001 7:53 pm

what does everyone really think?
mouse

Re: crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Postby cinemasmooch » Fri Apr 20, 2001 2:27 pm

It worked for me!
cinemasmooch

Postby maya » Fri Apr 20, 2001 5:43 pm

I am sorry but it did nothing for me!!!! Personaly I thought it was a waste of time and money. I have nothing against "Lee". This movie just didn't cut it.
maya

Postby PunkWashGurl » Sun Apr 29, 2001 9:14 pm

i actually loved it! sorry if any 1 disagrees! ok bye bye
PunkWashGurl

Postby im2good4u33 » Wed May 02, 2001 11:11 pm

I think this movie was a waste of talent. The only good scenes are overshadowed by the fantasy and lameness. I wish I handt spent $8.50 on this piece of $#!t.
im2good4u33

Postby mrcraige » Thu May 03, 2001 8:27 am

Rather than simply labelling it "sh#t", explain why you didn't like it. Is it just a matter of opinion and individual taste or do you actually think it's such a bas movie?
mrcraige

Postby cinemasmooch » Thu May 03, 2001 3:47 pm

You have a good point mrcraige - there's alot of bashing of films on this website with little explaination of the waste of money, time, talent, etc. Let's have some more 'splaining please!
cinemasmooch

Postby maya » Thu May 03, 2001 4:01 pm

I did not like this movie because to me the plot was so ordinary the stunts where unreal the acting was empty. the actors had nothing to offer. I don't know what this might sound to you all but my 8 year old and his friends thought it was awsome. that tells me how "lame" it was and not to mention pathetic more so that it won best foreign film not that winning a statue is a big deal but if you have seen any of the other foreign films that were nominated or even the ones that weren't for that year, it just does not make sense, at least not to me.
maya

Postby maya » Thu May 03, 2001 4:04 pm

I forgot to mention that Iam just a film lover not a film or art student/teacher. So please do not take it personal. It is just MY opinion and I respect yours.
maya

Postby im2good4u33 » Fri May 04, 2001 10:50 pm

Ok, I will be a little more expressive this time. This movie was a waste of time for me because if I wanted to watch wooden characters, I could have seen Freddy Got Fingered. The bad music only made my suffering worse. But when we got to the part where they walk on water, I just about had it. I mean, sure use your imagination, but dont over do it to the point of reaching stupidity. The only time I felt good during this movie, is when the credits started rolling in. Remember when movies that won awards were actually good movies. Wow times sure have changed. Crou Tig, Hidd Drag should have won in a new category in the Academy Awards, under the "Best excuse for an American film claiming to be a foreing film".
I have seen Ang Lee's films before, so this movie was a dissapointment for me. But of course, I cant speak for everyone. I mean there are those who are easily amused by bland characters and by a fictional that exagerates to the point where it just makes you upset. This movie did nothing to me but give me a headache. If I hear Yo-Yo Ma again I'll probably go postal. Pity on those academy voters, I guess not everyone has good taste.
im2good4u33

Next

Return to Film Talk