Best films of the 90s

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Re: Best films of the 90s

Postby A » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Great list arsaib!

As usual we have some in common and I need to see the rest as well as rewatch a couple. What can I say, keep the lists coming!
A

Postby wpqx » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:46 am

Glad to see the information for these films, don't stop now, only a few more letters to go.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:56 am

Thanks for the encouragement. For reference's sake, I'm also adding the world premiere year.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:19 pm

I listed my films by year so seeing how you went alphabetically that would make plenty of sense.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:11 am

Instead of delaying it any further, I'll just add a letter or two every day.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:27 am

At least make some small dents. Looking at your list there are a few films I need to see, a few I agree with, and a couple more that would most likely never find their way on a list of mine. I'm sure I've spoken about it elsewhere but Egoyan's Exotica is absolute rubbish.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:16 am

I believe you once compared it to a late-night Shannon Tweed flick. And then the sound you heard was me falling off a chair.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:27 am

I stand by it. I've enjoyed the other three Egoyan films I've seen, particularly Ararat.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:31 pm

And I didn't like Ararat due to its heavy-handedness, an aspect which has unfortunately crept into Egoyan's work, at least his fiction films, since Felicia's Journey. I hate to say it but I hope you give Exotica another chance somewhere down the line.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:19 am

Perhaps but I have a lot more Egoyan to get to. I was planning on having a mini-retro of his work about a year and a half ago and that resulted in one film (Felicia's Journey).
wpqx

PreviousNext

Return to Lists and Recommendations