Simply the ten best films you have seen from this decade.
But what a great time for movies this was! :eek
Almost impossible to list only ten films, when most of the following ten would make it onto the list in any other decade. Still, one has to make a choice.
The preferential order was extremely difficult to establish, and might change with every viewing of any of these films.
1. Deus E o Diabo na Terra do Sol Black God, White Devil (Glauber Rocha / Brazil / 1964)
2. Goto, l'le d'amour Goto, Island of Love (Walerian Borowczyck / France / 1968)
3. Le Mpris Contempt (Jean-Luc Godard / France / 1963)
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick / USA, UK / 1968)
5. Andrei Rublyov Andrei Rublev (Andrei Tarkovski / Soviet Union / 1966)
6. Hakop Hovnatanyan and Sayat Nova The Color of Pomgranates (Sergej Paradjanov / Soviet Union / 1965 and 1968)
7. Dai-bosatsu toge The Sword of Doom (Kihachi Okamoto / Japan / 1965)
8. La Jete The Pier (Chris Marker / France / 1962)
9. Clo de 5 7 Cleo from 5 to 7 (Agns Varda / France, Italy / 1961)
10. Suna no onna Woman in the Dunes (Hiroshi Teshigahara / Japan / 1964)