Top Ten (2005)

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Re: Top Ten (2005)

Postby arsaib4 » Sun May 07, 2006 9:59 pm

Same here. I've seen many films because of you and others that I probably wouldn't have even heard of otherwise. It may not seem like it but our core group has been together for quite a while now, and we have certainly developed a good understanding of eachother.
arsaib4

Postby Anasazie » Mon May 08, 2006 4:02 am

Just added a couple to my list that i remembered i saw first 2005 and not 2004. Big mistake on Tropical Malady, loved it!
Anasazie

Postby wpqx » Mon May 08, 2006 2:28 pm

@arsaib

To be honest, I ordered Holy Girl and Good Morning Night because they were on your list, and as I found out Trevor's list as well. I learned a long time ago none of us have identical tastes, but there are some films that we all admire, and at least for most of us core members we all have a remarkably open taste in movies, and I for one respect your attitudes and opinions on films.

Speaking of recommendations, I just realized yesterday that Innocence actually did have a run here in Chicago, which I completely missed (but in my defense it was the same week Brokeback Mountain, King Kong, and the dreadful Memoirs of a Geisha came out). Haven't heard of any US DVD yet, but I'll catch up.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Mon May 08, 2006 8:15 pm

Thanks for your kind remarks.

Th DVD release date of Innocence hasn't been announced yet, but when it is I'll let you know.
arsaib4

Postby Anasazie » Tue May 09, 2006 5:11 am

Quote:and at least for most of us core members we all have a remarkably open taste in movies

"core"?................... i'm offended.
Anasazie

Postby wpqx » Tue May 09, 2006 1:31 pm

sorry noob, I meant for the members who've been regularly posting, since before this site came to ezboard.
wpqx

Postby A » Tue May 09, 2006 5:15 pm

IT's just that some of us have been around for a year or longer, before this site crashed in september(?) 2004 for the 2nd time, and those are also the people who opened it anew.
A

Postby Anasazie » Wed May 10, 2006 3:07 am

what's a noob?
Anasazie

Postby wpqx » Thu May 11, 2006 1:40 pm

A new member, also spelled newbie. Generally its duragatory and used by senior members of sites and establishments to haze the newcomers.
wpqx

Postby Anasazie » Fri May 12, 2006 3:29 am

man, i must not be cool enough to have known that. i'd be really proud of your status if i were you.
Anasazie

Previous

Return to Lists and Recommendations