amores perros

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

amores perros

Postby lajomo3 » Thu Jun 07, 2001 2:59 am

I just saw Amores perros and thot that it is up there with "Traffic". The actors are great. It was a great directed film.
lajomo3

Re: amores perros

Postby vvasquez » Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:00 pm

What I notice is that there is very little interest in Latin American cinema.

The narrative of this film was brilliant along with the editing. The film stock was treated in a way to give it a most unique look. The stories were a testament to humanist values and the complexities of love, but its ultimate rewards.

The actors and characters were meticulously laid out and the performances did them justice....yet this is the only posting amongs a two others you can find on this site.

Another peculiarity is that the director, Gonzales Inarritu, recently did another film called "Powder Keg" about the war in Columbia which is supposedly the in full ownership of BMW films. Only being shown on their site and for a week (in August) on The Indepedent Film Channel who refused to even advertise the schedule on their site.

vvasquez

Postby cinemasmooch » Fri Oct 05, 2001 6:28 pm

I finally broke down and saw Amores Perros after stumbling upon it at a video store. Although I heard alot about it when it was in theatres, through the media and this website, I didn't want to see dogs ripping each other apart for human pleasure and profit. But like I said, I heard the video calling my name and was pleasantly surprised to find, through the short after the film, that the dogs were also actors. And, everyone was right - this is a very, very, very good movie!!!
cinemasmooch

Postby Chickp1017 » Sun Oct 14, 2001 5:59 am

I just watched Amores Perros and thought it was incredibly well done. The various story lines were cleverly woven together;each story was brilliantly written, andb every one of the actors (including the perros)were superb. Powerful, gritty, realistic, humorous, heart-wrenching, hopeful, despairing, and stunning. A gem of a movie.
Chickp1017

Return to Film Talk