ignoring the film heritage

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

ignoring the film heritage

Postby rberanek » Thu Jul 05, 2001 2:49 am

Hi all, it seems to me that the contemporary international audience, judging from all the videos and DVDs available on Amazon sites, has no regard for their own film history, notably the French, Italians etc.
Where are the films by Autant-Lara, Clouzot, Cayatte, Bresson, DeSica, Rossellini, among many others.
If you don't live in Paris, Rome and other big town with "art houses" and "revival" programs, you're just plain out of luck. Any comments ?
rberanek

Re: ignoring the film heritage

Postby nana » Sun Jul 08, 2001 1:58 am

i don't understand why amazon have anything to
do with foreign films, its audience and such...
i do like the the italian neorealists and the
french newave very much, but i have been on
amazon only a few times. the logic there might
not be as strong as you may have thought.
---nana
nana

Postby jeff-1 » Tue Jul 10, 2001 4:43 pm

Raw Films is casting for an all new show that will be broadcast worldwide entitled "The Revengers". You can find the contents at www.the-revengers.com It is a cross between Charlies Angels and Revenge of the Nerds. You can vote for who you think is the best one at this website. Submit any inquiries to info@rawfilmsinc.com
jeff-1

Postby katsuben » Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:30 am

i thought amazon.com was an american company? i know there is some Bresson availabale on DVD - in French - from some french sites. you just gotta dig further! (and don't we all like the process of unearthing and advocating little known things. . .)
katsuben

Postby shoehorn » Thu Jul 19, 2001 12:11 pm

I am looking for Bresson films on DVD, especially Diary of a Country Priest. Can you suggest some French sites. I assume they would have English subtitles. Thanks
shoehorn

Return to Film Talk