the road home

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

the road home

Postby nana » Sun Jul 08, 2001 2:00 am

any comments on this chinese film??
i heard mixed reviews thus far.
---nana
nana

Re: the road home

Postby katsuben » Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:34 am

i hope it's better than NOT ONE LESS. i've been put off zhang for quite some time! even tried to watch JU DOU again recently. nothing doing. did i see some shot-reverse shots?! hmm.
katsuben

Postby koreanmozart » Sun Aug 19, 2001 8:58 pm

The Road Home is a stunning film with incredible atmosphere and subtle storytelling. The only 'law'I found with this film was that Zhang Ziyi stood out from the entire film -- she shines too brightly. (I don't actually consider it a flaw -- it helps to drive the point home even more clearly.) One of the best films I've seen in the last year.
koreanmozart

Postby mackybaca » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:33 am

Nice movie. Predecesor of Zhang Ziyi's impending celebrity.
mackybaca

Postby asia_bebe » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:10 pm

MY GOSH ! WOW Zhang Ziyi FIRST MOVIE oH MY GOSH ! i just had to reply to this haha YEAH she stands out! she acts like A LITTLE GIRL Frist TIME Fallin in LOVE That go CRAZY OVER a GUy haha it must be true love
i find it very stupid where she left her basket so she could get his attention hahahaha so funny ! hahahaha
when we got the movie it was in black and white
we was LIKE HE*LL NO HE*LL NO this can not be a BLACK and WhiTE MOVIE ! haha but, all of a sudden it transform in to a COLOR Film haha i just had to reply to this
ZHang Ziyi < Turned out to be a GOOD Actress an a Famous one too i guess After Launchin off with CTHD it got her to the SPOT LIGHT oh yeah if that could happen to me one day i would be the happest person on EARTH hahaha
ms.mindy
asia_bebe

Return to Film Talk