Korean Korner

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Korean Korner

Postby trevor826 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:23 pm

Interview (2000) Dogme # 7 - Interview

Directed by Hyuk Byun

Starring Shim Eun-ha (Christmas in August), Lee Jung-Jae (Il Mare)

This film is a simple tale but is told in a disjointed fractured manner, this method is entirely suitable and draws you in giving the feeling that you are involved.

A director (Lee Jung-Jae) is filming interviews with a lot of different people discussing their first love. While filming he becomes entranced with one of the interviewees, just a normal girl who works in a beauty parlour but there is something quite enigmatic about her.

The girl (Shim Eun-ha) captivates his attention as she tells him about her job, her life and the love of her life who is in the army. The fragmentation occurs as we find out that a lot of what the girl is telling him is not quite the truth, slowly the pain and heartache of her past are revealed in a way that makes us, the audience not merely witnesses or voyeurs but participants in the story.

Shim Eun-has character is an enigma, we know as much about the truth of her story as the director does, given little snatches until the final denouement. This is clever film making which gives the impression at first of being nothing more than a bit of arty experimentation, get past that and you have a story that cant fail to draw you in and make you empathise with the central characters.

Shim Eun-ha is captivating and proves what a good actress she is, unfortunately this appears to be the last film shes worked on, unless anyone knows different!

Highly recommended as an alternative form of romantic drama.

Cheers Trev.

No BBFC rating but probably 12.

Region 3 ntsc dvd available from several retailers.
trevor826

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:01 pm

Hi, Saw "3 Iron" a fortnight ago. Kim Ki Duk didn't let me down - great film. The male lead shows more emotion with his face & body than most actors do with a good script. Loved it. I've now bought the dvd for re viewing.

By the way does any one know when his other film "The Bow" will be released?

A moan - I went through all the rigmarole of registering for world cinema and it seems to accept my password etc but my postings are still labelled unregistered member?? Any clues anyone??
Unregistered(d)

Postby trevor826 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:57 pm

Thanks for your comments on 3-Iron, sorry to hear about your problems re membership, I'll see if admin can help out.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby hengcs » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:48 am

Quote renard70, "A moan - I went through all the rigmarole of registering for world cinema and it seems to accept my password etc but my postings are still labelled unregistered member?? Any clues anyone??"

Hi renard,
i am not sure if this is the problem but i suspect so. try the following ...
before you even post anything, do make sure you go to the main page of the forum and LOGIN (the link is on top). After that, then you go to the respective forums to post. Whenever you post, they should NOT be asking for your userid and password again.
rgds
hengcs

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:28 pm

Hello Hengcs, Thanks for helpful. I did try what you suggested - result ? It now says my password is invalid!!

Strangely, after trying this I went to Korean Corner to make this reply and it asks for my user name & p/word. The answer might be to re register all over again this week end!!
Unregistered(d)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:43 pm

Trevor, how long did it take you to take in and remember all the Korean stars names!! It's not all bad news, I am recognising certain faces in different movies.

Another Public Enemy? I enjoyed it. Having said that the main lead has been promoted from unshaven, ill dressed tough morose detective, to tough morose prosecutor with suit. Really,its Public Enemy remade
This film reminded me of the phrase that doctors use for repeat prescriptions - "mixture as before!

PS:
I can see the link for replying to posts but where is the link to start new topic? Or do I need opticians appointment?
Unregistered(d)

Postby trevor826 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:42 pm

Like cinema anywhere in the world you tend to remember familiar faces and then it's easy enough to put names to them although in all honesty I find it easier if they're attractive or are very distinctive.

The start new topic link is at the top of the page on the right.

Cheers Trev.

PS. Nice to see someone else posting from the UK, where are you exactly?
trevor826

Postby hengcs » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:36 am

Quote renard,"Hello Hengcs, Thanks for helpful. I did try what you suggested - result ? It now says my password is invalid!!Strangely, after trying this I went to Korean Corner to make this reply and it asks for my user name & p/word. The answer might be to re register all over again this week end!!"

Hi renard,
whenever you have to key in your userid or password for individual posting, ezboard will indicate "unregistered". However, if you go to the top to log in, you can post a few posts without keying in the userid and password. also, they will track that you have read certain folders, so that you will know what are new.
hengcs

Postby hengcs » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:16 am

Quote renard,"By the way does any one know when his other film "The Bow" will be released?"

If you are ok with Region 3 DVD, it is already available.
hengcs

Postby Unregistered(d) » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:43 pm

Looks like i need that eye test!

I live in Manchester, city with reputation for rain & top quality football!!
Unregistered(d)

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk