Need help on this film's title

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Need help on this film's title

Postby Hermit Purple » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:10 pm

I'm trying to find out about a film's title from little of what I can remember of it.

I saw it on Showcase (a broadcast channel in Canada) about 10 years ago (roughly 1998 ). I only remember certain events in the film such as a priest took out some sweets inside of his bible and offer them to a king. The king was extremely suspicious and couldn't decide whether to take the offer or not. He constantly switch between the sweets offered
to him and the ones for priest himself, and eventually put the sweets in his mouth, but only to spit it out when the priest turns away.

Another scene was a queen of some sort arrest many young girls and kept them in a palace. She eventually kill all the girls and bath in their blood. No it's not Count Dracula, that I'm pretty sure. One thing I remember was that the queen's servant dress like a boy but turn out to be a girl.

There are a lot of explicit nudity and sexual suggestive theme in the film, that's probably why I never see it on TV again.

If you can recall what this film is, please let me know!
Hermit Purple

Re: Need help on this film's title

Postby trevor826 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:24 am

The second part re: bathing in the blood of virgins is definitely one of the sections from Immoral Tales (Contes Immoraux) (1974) directed by Walerian Borowczyk.

I guess the other part must also be the same film but I can't remember it.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby A » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:41 am

Trevor, you're dead right on one of my favorite directors. Oh, I'd love to lay my hands on this film again. The first part with the two adolescents is some of the most erotic cinema ever produced. And Borowczyk is also so profound.
A

Postby trevor826 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:16 am

I can remember the first part and agree with your thoughts A, I guess the other section in Hermit Purple's post must be the last section which (funnily enough after my comments re: Curse of the Golden Flower) had something to do with those historically reviled lovers of family games, the Borgia's.

The R2 dvd is evailable in the UK along with a few others including The Beast (La Bete), The only film I have is The Story of Sin.

Cheers Trev.
Cheers Trev
trevor826

Postby A » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:25 am

Ah you must watch this, "The Story of Sin" is one of his best. A perfect melodrama if there ever was one. Reminded me a lot of Zulawski. Some people claim its the best polish film ever.
A

Return to Film Talk